Tikanga 101: An Introduction to Te Ao Māori in the Workplace
Tuesday, 15 November 2022 (9:00 AM - 12:00 PM) (NZDT)
Do you struggle to pronounce Māori words and names? Not sure when it's appropriate to hongi?
This introductory course will give you insight into a Māori worldview—the traditional thinking behind tikanga (protocol) and we apply it in te ao Māori and the modern world. Discover how to apply some of these concepts in the workplace and the community. Learn how to manage and apply tikanga in various contexts, including leadership, problem-solving and research. Challenge your thinking and reflect on your own beliefs and values and how they relate to those of other cultures.
At the end of Tikanga 101, you'll be able to
- correctly pronounce Māori words, names and place names
- use basic greetings and introduce yourself
- understand and follow basic tikanga
- use Māori words with confidence
- understand basic sentence structures.
Level 1, 6-8 Scott Street
Blenheim, Marlborough District 7201 New Zealand