Governance 102: Health & Safety
Tuesday, 8 August 2023 (12:00 AM - 2:00 PM) (NZST)
Good Governance and Leadership
2 hour workshop on good practice health and safety governance, and directors’ duties under the Health and Safety at Work Act.
The Health and Safety at Work Act places a positive duty on ‘officers’ to actively engage in health and safety matters. Officers includes directors, partners, business owners and chief executives.
Officers must exercise due diligence to ensure the organisation meets its duty to ensure the health and safety of workers and others by -
• Focusing on work health and safety matters and the importance of keeping up to date
• Understanding the operations of your organisation and the hazards and risks generally associated with those operations
• Ensuring the organisation is appropriately resourced to eliminate or minimise risk
• Ensuring the organisation has appropriate processes for receiving information about incidents, hazards and risks
• Ensuring there are processes for complying with any duty and verifying that these processes are in place and being used
This seminar will look at 4 key criteria for safety leadership and 5 stages of safety governance.
This workshop is for directors and board members, whether you're paid or volunteering.
Presenter: Helen Mason
Health and Safety Trainer and Consultant, Coolspring Consulting
Helen Mason has extensive health and safety experience, including over 20 years as a health and safety consultant, as well as significant in-house training experience within both the public and private sectors. Helen has an Adult Teaching Certificate – Level 5 and is skilled at being able to provide support to organisations at any stage of their health and safety journey – from systems audits, legislation updates and documentation right through to customised in-house training, and on-call support. With a focus on long-term partnerships, Helen regularly works with a wide range of clients from across a variety of sectors throughout New Zealand, including SMEs, large multinational corporates and not-for-profits, to help organisations more effectively manage health and safety in the workplace.
$175+GST for Members | $225+GST for Non-Members