Governance 102: Introduction to Strategy for Board Directors
Thursday, 28 July 2022 (9:00 AM - 1:00 PM) (NZST)
Facilitated by TorquePoint’s Simon Ewing-Jarvie and Heather Roy (torquepoint.co.nz)
This half day course is for those who have recently become a director or about to join a board. It builds on the Introduction to the Duties of a Director (Governance 101) course, providing a detailed look at Strategy in the board setting. It is part of the Governance 102 series.
The session is interactive and will provide practical exercises to enhance your governance skills and experience. Participants will be provided with a set of board templates that can be adapted for their own use.
The session covers:
• Environment Scan techniques
• How to develop an effective strategy and ensure it is a living document
• Board ownership of strategy but ensuring buy in from the operational side of the business
• Strategy Documents •Implementation following strategy development
•Testing the Strategy – how do we know it is the right Strategy?
•Reporting against the Strategy
This event may be eligible for CPD points for IoD members. We suggest you check IoD’s CPD Guide for how many CPD points to claim for governance related learning. As a guide:
- 2 hour events with guest speaker = 2 CPD points
- 4 hour events with guest speaker or panel discussion = 4 CPD points