Health & Safety Contractor Management
Thursday, 9 March 2023 (9:00 AM - 12:30 PM) (NZDT)
Under the Health and Safety at Work Act, businesses working together on a project have overlapping health and safety duties. Businesses must consult, cooperate and coordinate activities with all other businesses they share overlapping duties with.
Everyone on site - from clients right through to subbies - is responsible for health and safety. Good contractor management helps ensure good planning and communication between you and the businesses you work with, making your projects more efficient and saving you time and money.
This half day course is an ideal opportunity for Health and Safety Advisors and Managers, and senior managers/business owners to understand their health and safety responsibilities to their business, learn to implement a practical health and safety system and work with their contractors to make their workplace safer and more productive.
- Health and Safety at Work Act 2015 and Regulations – what the legislative framework requires
- Overlapping duties
- Tools to develop a simple, practical contractor pre-qualification process
- Contractor selection and negotiation of terms
- Awarding the contract
- Monitoring & reviewing the contract
- Day to day safety culture
Presenter: Helen Mason
Health and Safety Trainer and Consultant, Coolspring Consulting